All UM students are required to prepare individualized plans for completing their degrees in a timely manner in accordance to the Student Academic Success—Degree Completion Policy. In order to assist students prior to admission, prospective UM students are encouraged to create an academic plan as a part of the Pre-Transfer advising process. Upon matriculation to UM, students will work with an advisor to finalize an academic plan for graduation.
Academic Planning Steps
- Find the UM equivalents to your current and completed courses using the Transfer Credit Center.
- Download the degree requirements and four year plans for your intended UM major.
- Identify your remaining general education (CORE) and major requirements.
- Review the academic plans and undergraduate catalog for course sequences and prerequisites.
- Create an academic plan that outlines your remaining courses in a semester-by-semester format.
- Submit your academic plan for review to email@example.com.
- General Education (CORE)
- Four Year Academic Plans
- Limited Enrollment Programs
- Majors at the University of Maryland
- Student Academic Success—Degree Completion Policy
- Transfer Credit Center
- Undergraduate Catalog